If you’re in the market for a new vehicle, you may have wondered whether a used vehicle would be preferable, especially when you experience the sticker shock that comes with walking the lots at a new-car dealership.
You wouldn’t be the first consumer to wonder whether a used car would be a better fit. Used cars offer a surprising number of benefits that make them highly comparable to new vehicles and – in some cases – can exceed the value of a shiny new car.
What Are the Top 5 Reasons You Should Buy a Used Vehicle?
Buying a used vehicle might be one of the best purchase decisions you’ve ever made. In fact, you may even be able to brag when people ask you about how you pulled off a strategic win. A used vehicle can provide long-lasting value; you can find desirable makes and models; you’ll find that some used vehicles are basically new; there will be financing options that work for you; and you can even live the old tale of the man who traded a paperclip for the house (we’ll explain).
- Used Vehicles Have Long-Lasting Value. Imagine choosing a car that is a mere fraction of the price of a new vehicle. Suppose that car lasts you for a number of years, especially if you take care of maintenance, drive safely, and treat your car well. Then, when you’re ready to sell that car, you can fold that price into the purchase of another used car, also for a fraction of the price of a new car.
- Used Vehicles Are Cost-Effective. If you consider the life of a new car – around 12 years or 200,000 miles, you could potentially own three or, more likely, even fewer used cars during that time, all of which could potentially be far under the price point for that new vehicle. This strategy can provide savings in the long run, and you’ll be able to stay on the road in a great car.
- Used Car Dealerships Stock Appealing Makes and Models. If you visit a used car dealer’s website – especially a buy here pay here used car dealership – you’ll notice many of the brands you’ve often drooled over as they pass you on the highway: Jeep, BMW, Audi, and many more. A used car lot doesn’t have to be filled with all the undesirable cars like some Island of Misfit Toys. This just isn’t the case. Head down to a used car dealership, and see for yourself. In fact, you might find a model and year that Consumer Reports rates more highly than the latest model. As with many products, vintage is sometimes better.
- Used Doesn’t Mean Old. A used car doesn’t have to be a jalopy. There are many, many “like new” used cars on the market today. Again, check out a used car dealership, particularly a superior buy here pay here, which can get you behind the wheel of a used car in great condition, with great features, and a make and model that will have others on the road thinking, “They must have just gotten a new car.”
- Financing Options that Work. At a buy here pay here used car dealer, you can find financing options that are more suited to your needs than what’s available at a new-car dealership. For example, buy here pay here dealerships offer financing, even if you have little or no credit. Further, they don’t hassle you with all the business office paperwork, bank loan forms, and too many online portals. Instead, you get to handle all your business dealings with simple paperwork, a simple credit approval process, and efficient payment options, including bringing your payment down to the dealership yourself.
- Lastly – As Promised – You Can Live the Story of the Man Who Traded a Paperclip for a House. There’s an old story in business about a man who was so savvy with sales that he kept on “trading up” for something a little better than the thing he owned before. He started with a paperclip and traded it for a box of paperclips. Then he traded that box of paperclips for a ream of paper. Then…you can see how this goes.
If you put down a small amount of money to purchase a buy here pay here used car, you’re making an investment. That investment is going to give you the wheels to do the next right thing, whether it’s getting a job or helping your children get to school. That, in turn, is going to bring another benefit into your life – such as a larger income or the feeling of pride at being able to help your kids more. That benefit, in turn, will have another benefit down the road. Once you set your feet in the direction of improving your life and wellbeing with the purchase of a used car, more good things can happen.
Where Can You Find a Used Car Dealer You Can Trust?
Once you become convinced that you should check out a buy here pay here used car dealership to get a used car instead of aiming for a new one, look into dealerships in your area. Look for ones with great reviews, testimonials, and that have the selection you’re looking for. Typically, you can search their current inventory online, and browse before you even get there. Then, consider filling out their online credit approval form to get the ball rolling.
Soon, you’ll be test driving used cars, and imagining yourself behind the wheel all on your own. We wish you luck on your search for the perfect car, and we hope you experience all the benefits that a used car can offer!