Street delivery lockers, also known as lockers or automated mailboxes, are special lockers or cabinets installed on streets or in public places designed to receive and send goods and parcels. This is a convenient solution for people who are often away from home and cannot receive parcels during normal business hours.
How do outdoor parcel lockers work?
Typically, street delivery lockers operate on the following principle:
- Order and payment. When placing an order, the buyer selects the option of delivery to a street locker and pays for the purchase.
- Specifying the box address. The buyer indicates the address of the nearest street locker where the package should be delivered.
- Notice and access code. After the parcel is delivered to the delivery locker, the parcel service sends a notification to the buyer with a unique access code or QR code.
- Receiving the parcel. The buyer comes to the automated box, enters a unique code or scans a QR code, opens the box and picks up his parcel.
What businesses can use parcel lockers in their work?
Outdoor delivery lockers provide many opportunities for different types of businesses and services. Here are some examples of businesses that can use parcel terminals to improve their services:
- Delivery lockers allow online retailers and online platforms to provide more flexible shopping delivery options, improving customer convenience and reducing the risk of package loss.
- Lockers can be used by courier services to temporarily store packages until customers can pick them up, providing security and convenience.
- Automated lockers can be used to issue banking and financial documents, cards and other materials to customers.
- Pharmacies and medical institutions – patients can pick up medications and medical supplies from parcel terminals at a time convenient for them.
- Restaurants and food delivery services can use parcel terminals to deliver orders to customers, reducing time frames and making order pickup easier.
- Companies that provide rental services (for example, rental of bicycles, tools, books, clothing, etc.) may use lockers to issue and receive rental items.
- Various online services, such as points for issuing goods or services, can use parcel lockers to provide customers with access to ordered goods or services at a convenient time.
- Covered boxes can be used to issue tickets, reservations and other documents related to various events and services.
These are just a few examples of how different types of businesses can use parcel lockers to improve their services and provide convenience to customers.
Where to order ready-made parcel terminals
Parcel locker company OMNIC offers ready-made solutions for your business – both for starting and for scaling. The company’s specialists use advanced developments in this area, which ensures uninterrupted operation of parcel lockers. This has been proven by successful work in the markets of Asia and Europe. You can also order ready-made parcel lockers by contacting our representatives”Omnic” in your region.