An essay on finance can be both an integral part of the education process and one of the tasks for admission to a university. Examiners, in any case, will evaluate the ability to correctly present the topic, creativity, and logic of thinking.
How to write a finance essay
To begin with, let’s define that an essay is a reflection in which the student expresses their viewpoint and impressions regarding a particular issue. The essay describes one topic. They write it in literary and simple language. Unlike other essays, finance papers can be rather challenging to deal with. If it seems difficult for you, you can get help from an essay writing service like www.essayshark.com. A finance expert will great writing skills will write you a perfect paper with proper structure.
The student must demonstrate the ability to:
- express their opinion on a particular issue;
- use the argument within the framework of the expressed thought;
- know finance terminology and use concepts according to the content of the problem under consideration;
- critically evaluate various conclusions regarding financial objects and processes;
- analyze and explain financial phenomena;
- define and explain their own attitude to problematic judgments;
- present coherent and persuasive arguments in favor of one’s position;
- evaluate the proposed problematic statements.
If we are talking about the finance essay, it will most likely be devoted to the topic of this sphere. You define the range of finance terms, processes, and laws from the course of the subject and remember the qualitative arguments for the chosen topic.
An essay implies the presence of:
- a definition of the financial concept or term presented in the topic, with reference to a reliable source;
- an analysis of the current financial state of the event presented in the topic;
- the author’s opinions on solving the identified problems;
- list of used sources.
A condition of the task while writing a finance essay is a definition of the main idea or problem, to which you need to periodically return throughout the writing process. This will help to correctly reveal the content and not be carried away with wide and general reasoning.
The ideas that are encountered in essays in finance from the school are also familiar to university teachers. Therefore, with the choice of a name for an essay and subjects – financial management, statistics, the securities market, econometrics, audit – a student will not have big problems during their student days.
The finance essay plan is simple:
- A short introduction of several sentences asks the question and the relevance of the topic.
- Thesis 1 represents the main idea of the author on the topic.
- Arguments that support the main idea. You should give two arguments defending your statement: more arguments will overload the paper.
- Thesis 2. The number of thoughts depends on the financial topic and the logic of thinking.
- Supporting arguments.
- The final part contains a summary of the topic and questions presented in the introduction, a bright thought that summarizes the reasoning.
Common mistakes in essay writing
- Lack of proofreading. You need to do a thorough check to identify ambiguous expressions, complex, incomprehensible turns, and “empty” paragraphs.
- A boring preface reduces interest in the content of the essay.
- Lack of semantic load. Given the small volume of the essay in a couple of pages, each sentence should carry a semantic load.
- The use of encyclopedic terms distracts readers and underestimates the significance of the paper.
It is possible to independently check the text for dynamics. The method is this:
- count the number of words in each paragraph;
- assign each paragraph a letter – S (from 1 word), M (from 20 words), L (from 30 words);
- check the sequence of letters.
If the letters alternate with each other (M L M S M L), the style is good. If the same letters are repeated several times in a row (M M L L S S), the style is worth working on.
How do they check an essay?
An essay is written by students, graduates applying for vacancies in good companies, and everyone who wants to take part in various competitions. Employers, teachers, or the commission that checks the essay are interested in exceptionally honest and enticing essays.
The evaluation is based on several criteria. Points are given for each.
- Understanding the main query. Here the adequacy of the knowledge of the writer is checked. For a misunderstanding of the essence of the problem or an incorrect interpretation, the teacher will put a minimum mark or zero. The content, structure, plan, completeness of the disclosure of the topic, and the ability to concentrate on the main thing are analyzed.
- Knowing the material. Financial terms and concepts related to finance should be present in the essay. Inclusion in the narrative of the thoughts of famous people who have researched this topic should be supported by references to their publications. The teacher examines the correctness of highlighting significant aspects, the argumentation of an opinion, the use of examples for persuasiveness, and reference to facts.
- The thoughtfulness of the idea. Thoughts should be formulated clearly, without “smoke and mirrors.” It is important for the author to understand the concepts to which they appeal. Contradictions in reasoning are not allowed. An essay is not a discussion; it is a single judgment on the issue. The logical chain should be traced from the first lines, pass in the active phase in the main part, and end with a summing up.
- Subsequence. A successful text has a coherent character, a clear structure, an expressive writing language, and a unified style.
- Erudition. Knowledge in the field of finance and monitoring of global financial problems are tools that allow you to creatively approach essay writing. However, you should not overdo it with metaphors; an artistic presentation of thoughts is not always appropriate.
- Literacy. A prerequisite for writing an essay is compliance with speech, language, spelling, and punctuation norms.
Adhere to a single, clear, concise style and always strive for uniqueness – look for a detail in a question that no one has yet noted.