We all love a well-manicured garden and while some people love nothing more than tending their garden, others don’t have the time. For busy homeowners, there are landscaping services ranging from maintenance to garden design and layout, and with that in mind, here are a few services you will find with your local landscape gardener.
- Garden maintenance – Whether weekly, fortnightly or monthly, the landscaper would visit your home and do whatever is necessary to make the garden look stunning. This would involve tree pruning, cutting the grass, weeding border, trimming hedges and cleaning pathways. They would also take away the green waste, which is recycled. The customer is usually billed on a monthly basis and during the winter, the frequency of visits are less, as the garden hibernates.
- Stump grinding – If you have a tree stump in the garden that you would like to remove, your local landscape gardener offers a stump grinding service, which allows you to reclaim the space. The entire root system is mulched into sawdust and the ground is cleaned up. A stump-grinding machine is a tractor-like attachment that hooks up to the vehicle’s driveshaft and has two or more discs with sharp cutters to grind up the roots and wood.
- Tree surgery – Whether removing deadwood or topping a tree, your local arborist would have the know-how and equipment to safely carry out the tree work, plus they would be fully insured to cover any eventuality. Trees sometimes need to be topped and should that be the case, your local tree surgeon would recommend lopping at a suitable height.
- Designing and building garden features – Whether a nice rockery or a water fountain, there’s nothing the landscape gardener can’t handle. You might like to add a terrace to the rear of your property, which could be timber decking or natural stone, whatever feature you would like to add, your local landscaper has you covered. Click here for design tips to create a relaxing reading corner.
- Patios – The landscape gardener can show you hundreds of images of patios and terraces he designed and created; if you have a concept, he can make a reality, or you might prefer a relaxation corner, with a nice water feature.
- Lawn installation – If you have recently moved into a new home and you would like a beautiful lawn, call your local landscaper. Once the ground has been prepared, you can either seed the area or have thick, lush turf laid and don’t forget to water daily for at least 2 weeks.
With the great Australian summer on the way, now is the perfect time to contact your local landscape gardener and see what the professional can do. Whether you are in need of garden maintenance or you would like to add a few features, a Google search is all it takes to connect with a local contractor.